About Me

My photo
It's not. About me, I mean. Really!
I avoid labels when possible, but here goes: SWF, 40'ish, 20 year Navy veteran. I have an inner ham and her name is Ms. Piggy.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Please see this movie!


I have to ask everyone with the least interest in anything transgendered, to see this movie, Beautiful Boxer. This is by far the best movie with a transgender subject line I have ever seen.
It's the story of a Muay-Thai kickboxer, Nong-Toom, who makes her transition while still competing in kickboxing. It's a foreign movie with subtitles, but it's one of those that will make you forget you are reading subtitles.
There is one error in the movie caused by the Thai-English subtitle translation; she is referred to as being a transvestite, though she is transexual.
Most MTF TS's have a similar story, but her story so closely parallels mine! I strongly identify with her experience, with the chief parallel having been my military service. Her realization of self and childhood experiences are very similar to mine. Even outside of the transgender subject matter, it is a fabulous movie. MUST SEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers