About Me

My photo
It's not. About me, I mean. Really!
I avoid labels when possible, but here goes: SWF, 40'ish, 20 year Navy veteran. I have an inner ham and her name is Ms. Piggy.

Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm OK


Lori made me do it, but all of us who are enjoying the relative serenity in our lives to do so are doing it. Our blog look back at the road we've travelled recently, or perhaps at the whole year's worth.
That photo says it, right there. My attitude at the moment for all the dissapointments and misfortunes I've seen. And it's set to the song, from Styx, 'I'm OK'. Screw it, I'm moving on! To everyone and everything that's been in my way, a great big rasberry to it all.
Lori also reminded me of the real reason I started this entry. To all of you who've shared of yourselves here, bless you! I am richer for it, we all have enjoyed the benefit of each other's experience and counsel. And, Lori again (bless you girl), I agree. Pouring out my story has been cathartic for me, but my real hope in being here has been that someone else, in any small way, could find help, solace, anything at all that helped them 'keep moving on'.
We've all been travelling a similar road, each of us at a different point on the way. For those who are at the rockiest points, please stick with us. We were there too, so we can say; if you just 'keep moving on', you'll have to pass beyond those rocky ways eventually, and you'll find yourself kicking stones out of your way, walking a smoother path.
Love, hope, and serenity to you all. When that person you've been searching for is suddenly peering back at you, in any small way, you might even be startled to find she's just who you thought she was. Just sing with me......Iiiiiiiiii'm Okaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers